Friday 5 February 2010

PREPARE THE SAILS

Now I want to introduce you all to an amazing band. They're all great friends of mine and I have a huge amount of love for them. The foursome are collectively known as Burn The Fleet, and they've been described as "putting Thrice and Funeral For a Friend in a jar with wasps and shaking it", but you can see for yourselves here.
I've lost count how many times I've seen them live, and yet I still get that excited feeling before one of their shows. Ok, that might just be because I'm about to see my boyfriend thrash around the stage with his guitar.
Either way, these guys put on an amazing performance, which always results in the audience singing along to crowd pleaser "Handfuls of Sand". I strongly recommend you go see them if they're playing near you.
And if you like what you hear, you can also pre order their EP here. Each pre-order copy comes with a handmade (and hand numbered) booklet with bonus artwork, song lyrics and a piece explaining the meanings behind the tracks.
I'll leave you with their latest track - "The Greatest Fire" :)

1 comment: